ADSM-L

VOLHIST cleanup on z/OS

2005-04-13 10:40:19
Subject: VOLHIST cleanup on z/OS
From: Joe Howell <JHowell AT SHELTERINSURANCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:39:14 -0500
I've been asked to clean up our TSM server's volume history file.  I do
regularly delete old dbbackup entries, but I've left the
create/update/delete entries alone because we're running on z/OS; the RMM
takes care of our volume management but I want to be able to use the
volhist file during a disaster recovery in case the tape catalog is
unavailable.  How do those of you who run on z/OS deal with your volhist
file?  You can't just delete everything older than X days old because you
might still be using it, but you need to weed out all of the "obsolete"
entries.

Joe Howell
Shelter Insurance Companies
(573)-214-6534
jhowell AT shelterinsurance DOT com

This e-mail is intended only for its addressee and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
e-mail:
postmaster AT shelterinsurance DOT com, and delete the original message.