ADSM-L

automated select statement

2005-04-13 13:38:57
Subject: automated select statement
From: "Tyree, David" <david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:38:33 -0400
            I'm trying to send the results of a select statement to a
text file within TSM as a scheduled job.

            It works just fine if I run it from the console. If I try to
schedule it within TSM then it will fail:

            tsm: BACKUP1>run make_get

ANR2913E Invalid SQL identifier token - 'C:'.

....................................V..........................

DIA WHERE STATE='COURIERRETRIEVE' > c:\automation\temp\list.txt

ANR1463E RUN: Command script MAKE_GET completed in error.

ANS8001I Return code 4.

            Here's the command I'm trying to run:

SELECT VOLUME_NAME as "Tape Number" FROM DRMEDIA WHERE
STATE='COURIERRETRIEVE' > c:\automation\temp\list.txt

            I've tried different variations within TSM as a scheduled
command but I get basically the same type of error referring to invalid
SQL identifier token. If I just run the select statement as a scheduled
job without the redirect then the results will show up in the activity
log. That tells me that I'm close to getting it to do what I want it to
do.

            I've looked around the QuickFacts website and the adsm.org
website but didn't see anything useful in this situation.

            Is this even possible?

            TSM version 5.2.2 running on a Win2k box.

David Tyree
Enterprise Backup Administrator
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155

Confidential Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
copies of the original message.