ADSM-L

Client Option set processing order ?

2005-02-16 03:28:50
Subject: Client Option set processing order ?
From: Brian Ipsen <bin AT PROGRESSIVE DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:28:32 +0100
Hi,

 Right now I have some clients, where the include/exclude statements are
specified in the client's dsm.opt file.
I'd like to specify these options (where possible) in a client-option
set instead - but I'm not sure how to create the client option set...

If I have entries in dsm.opt like this:

NODENAME                MYNODE
PASSWORDACCESS  GENERATE
TCPSERVERADDRESS        tsm.domain.dk
COMPRESSALWAYS NO
COMPRESSION ON
DOMAIN  C:
EXCLUDE *
INCLUDE C:\INETPUB\FTPROOT\...\*
EXCLUDE C:\INETPUB\MAILROOT\...\*
DateFormat      2
SCHEDLOGRETENTION       15
ERRORLOGRETENTION       15
SUBFILEBACKUP   Yes

Is the list below then the right order of the statements in a
client-option set ? - Of course the corresponding incl/excl statements
will be removed from the dsm.opt file on the client.

         Option: COMPRESSALWAYS
Sequence number: 2
       Override: Yes
   Option Value: NO

         Option: COMPRESSION
Sequence number: 1
       Override: Yes
   Option Value: YES

         Option: DOMAIN
Sequence number: 4
       Override: Yes
   Option Value: C:

         Option: INCLEXCL
Sequence number: 20
       Override: Yes
   Option Value: EXCLUDE *

         Option: INCLEXCL
Sequence number: 30
       Override: Yes
   Option Value: INCLUDE C:\INETPUB\FTPROOT\...\*

         Option: INCLEXCL
Sequence number: 31
       Override: Yes
   Option Value: INCLUDE C:\INETPUB\MAILROOT\...\*

Mvh/Rgds.
Brian Ipsen

---
This mail was scanned for virus and spam by Progressive IT A/S.
---