ADSM-L

Re: ANR8311E Error -What does FLUSH operation mean?

2004-12-17 15:29:07
Subject: Re: ANR8311E Error -What does FLUSH operation mean?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:21:22 -0500
Nancy - A Flush operation refers to writing to tape all the data
        which the tape drive has buffered...a sync operation.
Sounds like you have a drive problem.  But I've experienced what
seem to be drive problems when the actual problem was a cable
or SCSI terminator.  (We had what looked like a drive problem
for about a year: switching the terminator caused the problem to
go away.  Lesson: never overlook trivial causes.)

   Richard Sims