ADSM-L

Cannot rename filespace - help please.

2004-12-13 13:29:59
Subject: Cannot rename filespace - help please.
From: Alan Davenport <Alan.Davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:16:51 -0500
Hello,

          A server in out farm is being rebuilt. I've been asked to retain
the last backup of the old instance by renaming the filespace names of the
last backup. The problem is when I try to rename the filespace it tells me
it does not exist!

q fi is021

Node Name           Filespace       FSID     Platform     Filespace     Is
Files-     Capacity       Pct
                    Name                                  Type
pace            (MB)      Util

Unicode?
---------------     -----------     ----     --------     ---------
---------     --------     -----
IS021               \\is021\c$         1     WinNT        NTFS
Yes        17,359.9      41.0
IS021               \\is021\d$         2     WinNT        NTFS
Yes        17,355.9      15.9
IS021               SYSTEM             3     WinNT        SYSTEM
Yes             0.0       0.0
                     OBJECT

rename fi is021 \\is021\c$ \\is021\old_c$

ANR0852E RENAME FILESPACE: No matching file spaces found for node IS021.

Can anyone shed some light on a solution to this problem please?

Alan Davenport
Selective Insuarnce