ADSM-L

No Query Restores while Restoring large amount of files

2004-12-10 13:16:09
Subject: No Query Restores while Restoring large amount of files
From: Jorge Salinas <alphanabla AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:00:54 -0600
Hi

I am trying to recover as fast as I can a 1.3 TB file system on an
alternate machine. I have tried using the arguments as the manual
explains but I am frustrated since the no query restore doesn't seem
to work.

I am using the following command:

dsmc restore -fromn=XX "/filesystem/directory/*.*" -subdir=yes
-tapeprompt=no /restorefs/

Supposedly if i wanted to use the No Query restore procedure I should
only type the following:

dsmc restore -fromn=XX "/filesystem/directory/*" -subdir=yes
-tapeprompt=no /restorefs/

But I see no activity whatsoever on the server side, I see no tape
mounts or anything indicating that the restore is actually going to
happen.

Is there something I am missing? What's the expected behaviour for a
restore of these characteristics.

BTW the platform is as follows:

Client: Solaris - TSM 5.2 Client
Server: AIX - TSM 5.2 Server