ADSM-L

File/Directory information for backups

2004-11-15 11:59:04
Subject: File/Directory information for backups
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:58:47 -0500
Good Morning.
Is there an easy way which does not take to long to find out
1:  What dates a certain file was backed up on a particular machine and the
location of the file for each of the backups in case the location of the file
changed.
2:  What dates a  particular directory with the files listed was backed up on a
machine.
3:  All the directories/files that have been backed up on a particular machine.
I'm running TSM Server 5.2.2 and most of the clients are running AIX 4.3.3 or
5.2 or Solaris 8 with TSM client 5.1.6 or 5.2.2.
I know I can look in the dsmsched.log for the daily backups but in some cases
it can be very long and only a few days worth.

Have a Great Day,
Eric Jones
Phone:  607-751-4133
Cell:   607-972-7621