ADSM-L

using JBOD as a copy pool?

2004-11-15 11:05:40
Subject: using JBOD as a copy pool?
From: Mike <mikee AT MIKEE.ATH DOT CX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:05:16 -0600
We have a few servers where the TSM GUI estimates nearly 3.5 days
to restore all the files. We're talking now about getting something
like a JBOD as an additional copypool (is that the right term?). The
data flow would be node->storage pool->tape pool
                                     ->JBOD copy pool.

The JBOD copy pool would self-expire after 3 days (depending on how
much is actually stored to the JBOD.

With the nightly backups copied to the JBOD, would this help/speed
up a catastrophic restore (catastrophic of the node, not of TSM)?

Is anyone doing this?

Mike