ADSM-L

Re: RECLAMATION

2004-10-19 05:57:55
Subject: Re: RECLAMATION
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:42:17 +0100
Generally, I always run at 50%. 2 tapes into 1. I have been known to
reclaim at 25% when worrying about tape levels over a weekend...

You can run multiple reclamations per storagepool.. but theres a bit of
legfowrk involved. Reclamations are really just move-data's, so you
could start multiple move-data's based on tape %Util. .. You end up with
several tapes you are reclaiming to, and if any of those don't fill past
50% you can reclaim then at the end.

I used to reclaim purely using my chosen order of tapes and move-data's,
as I didn't used to trust the order in which TSM picked the tapes it was
going to reclaim. It seemed to make sense to me to pick the least
utilised tapes first.

Matt.