ADSM-L

Re: Restoring SQL Database Question

2004-08-19 17:34:57
Subject: Re: Restoring SQL Database Question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:35:10 -0400
Luc,

Is a full backup "enough" for what?

A Data Protection for SQL "FULL" backup can be used to
restore a complete database. When a full backup is
taken it also captures pieces of the log that it needs
to fully recover the database. You do not need a
separate "LOG" backup in order to perform a database recovery.
I hope that answers your question.

When you say "settings to look at in the DSM.OPT"...
what do you mean? To perform a FULL backup?

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/19/2004
03:35:02 PM: