ADSM-L

Re: Tsm restore

2004-07-09 09:35:40
Subject: Re: Tsm restore
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 07:22:25 -0600
Yes, you can do this with the TSM client GUI. You'll have to select all
three file systems from the GUI tree view, but they can be restored in a
single operation.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/09/2004
04:29:05:

> Hi,
>
> Within Veritas Netbackup you can perform a restore crossing mount
points,
> meaning each filesystem does not need to be restored individually.
> Example:
>
> You want to restore the following filesystems:
> /oracle
> /oracle/sapdata
> /oracle/sapbackup
>
> The command to run would be: restore /oracle -subdir=yes -inactive=yes
> This command would need to be run for each of the filesystems above.
Where
> with Veritas Netbackup you would select cross multiple mount points and
it
> would restore everything under /oracle (even if separate mount points).
>
> Hope this explains it!
>
> Thanks.

Ted