ADSM-L

Re: CD writer instead of a tape drive

2004-05-12 17:17:27
Subject: Re: CD writer instead of a tape drive
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 16:17:08 -0500
I found where I got the info on how to do this...

http://webdocs.caspur.it/ibm/web/tsm-5.1/win/html/guide/anrwgd46.htm

basically, you set it up as a manual library.  I had DirectCD or whatever
ROXIO calls that product these days onstalled on the TSM server along with
the CD Writer, and got that working first.

you either get to label a bunch of CDs first, or take a minute or so
whenever you want to write to CD.  Just as a hint, if you have a cabinet
where the CD Writer is and it opens to be outside the cabinet (like the door
interfeers with ejecting the CD), remove the cabinet door or do something to
ensure it doesn't get in the way of the CDWriter whenever there is another
CD needed.

I am sure this technique would work for writing DVD's too, if you want to do
those instead.  This makes DVD+RWs sound reasonably priced.