ADSM-L

Re: How to figure out why Log got pinned - afterwards

2004-04-26 17:35:42
Subject: Re: How to figure out why Log got pinned - afterwards
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:28:47 -0400
Dwight,

You might want to look into some of the new additions to "Define dbb", such
as "mininterval" and "minlogfreepct".  They can help to alleviate problems
like the one you ran into.  They cause TSM to not run another incr db bkp
unless a certain amount of time has elapsed and/or a certain percentage of
the log will actually be freed up by running the db backup.

..Paul