ADSM-L

Re: Exclude on AIX

2004-04-20 10:19:19
Subject: Re: Exclude on AIX
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:51:38 +0200
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:04:06 +0200
"Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM> wrote:

> Hi Kevin!
> I know that it reads bottom up, so your solution will not work. If you
> code:
>
> exclude.fs *
> include.fs /home
> include.fs /usr

I don't think there is such a thing as an include.fs, just an
exclude.fs, I guess you should look into the domain statement in your
dsm.opt to do this.

> It will first encounter the includes and then the exclude all, so It
> will not backup anything. TSM processes all include/excludes, it wil
> not exit as soon as a match has been found.
> Kindest regards,
> Eric van Loon
> KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams