ADSM-L

netware cluster users?

2004-04-08 16:31:28
Subject: netware cluster users?
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:30:03 -0400
I'm interested in comparing retention settings that folks are using on
large netware volumes, and how you satisfy customer
requirements/expectations for long term storage.

As the volumes grow and files proliferate a blanket approach is getting
unmanageable. Getting the customer to identify their 'mission critical'
files, or even files that are most frequently changed is a big challenge
as well. The standards set forth in the basic SLA are now coming under
criticism but all the customer seems to know is the old
weekly/monthly/quarterly paradigm. I've explained retention settings and
archive vs backup so many times I've grown tired of the effort.

So, what do other university environs set as standards for storing and
retrieving business based files? Curious minds want to know!

Thanks,

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems