ADSM-L

Solaris 5.9 tape monitoring

2004-04-09 02:39:07
Subject: Solaris 5.9 tape monitoring
From: "Tomáš Hrouda Ing." <throuda AT HTD DOT CZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 08:37:42 +0200
Hi all,

I would like to do some system monitoring on new TSM server on Solaris 5.9
before put it to production. I tried vmstat, netstat, prstat, and iostat
commands directed to logs and all is OK. I am monitoring disks by iostat (by
simple disk devices), but I need monitor TSM tape devices (throughput and so
on..). There are 32 tape devices on 2 FC cards named /dev/rmt/0mt - 31mt
under TSM device driver control, but I cant see any of these devices in any
kind of monitor. Do anybody have some experiences with any kind of system
monitor for these devices or for FC adapters (similar to netstat)?

Thanks

Tomas