ADSM-L

HowTo: Load Data Directly from TSM into Excel Spreadsheet?

2004-03-18 18:35:31
Subject: HowTo: Load Data Directly from TSM into Excel Spreadsheet?
From: Dwight McCann <dwight AT TRIXIE.ISC.UCSB DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:34:26 -0800
I am running TSM 5.1.8.3 on Windows 2000.  I would like to be able to
load data directly into an Excel spreadsheet from the TSM SQL
interface.  When I try this, the best I seem to get to be forced to use
MS Query which loads it into an intermediate file that I then have to
load.  I would ideally like to have a macro that I could use to populate
an Excel spreadsheet.  Anyone have such a thing working or could explain
what I am doing wrong and need to do right?

TIA,
--

Dwight McCann
Computer and Network Technologist, UCSB Info Systems & Computing