ADSM-L

Question about SQL Server Recovery

2004-03-10 08:33:24
Subject: Question about SQL Server Recovery
From: Cory Heikel <cheikel AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:32:50 -0500
Has anyone developed a good procedure for rebuilding a W2k SQL server, from
bare metal? I have seen the instructions n thesql tdp manual, but am wondering
if there might be other ways to do it. One idea I had was making a onetime
flatfile backup of the master db on our sql servers that could be restored with
the other data. I'm thinking that this should eliminate the need to install sql
and the service packs and create a new master db and just begin the restore at
that point.

Also, is there a difference in the restore procedures for sql server and sql
enterprise?

Thanks in advance,

Cory

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
This message (including any attachments) contains information intended for a
specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to applicable law.  Any
inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly
prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalty.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender indicating this
error and delete the transmission from your system immediately.