ADSM-L

Re: IC27346 and message ANS4018E

2004-02-13 13:39:02
Subject: Re: IC27346 and message ANS4018E
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:38:42 -0500
>During the backup of a network attached drive, we see ANS4018E messages in
>the error log on the client. Looking in the help and the latest Messages
>manual doesn't show this message. ...

Bill - You must not be using a Macintosh workstation...  ;-)

The msg is in the 5.2 Messages manual that I'm PDF-browsing; but the manual
says little more than the file name being too long, and to consult your
platform B/A manual for the length limits.
If you're seeing this just sporadically, then you may have a few rogue
files on the Windows box.  You might try running a commercial disk and
file system checker to find any abnormalities out there, to identify
if not fix them.

  Richard Sims