ADSM-L

Re: AIX startup of TSM scheduler

2004-01-07 04:56:36
Subject: Re: AIX startup of TSM scheduler
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:22:51 +0000
Jack,

Getting a manually invoked nohup-ed TSM scheduler to stick around in AIX
has caused a few problems in the past - a look in the archives will
probably reveal that. There's some funny thing that I seem to remember
about redirected stdout nohup-ed processes dying - I recall that this
seemed to work for me in the past:

# nohup dsmc sched </dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1 &

Or, manually open a new shell:

# ksh
# nohup dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1 &
# exit

And just check with a `ps -ef` to ensure the dsmc sched is still
present...

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

David McClelland