ADSM-L

Re: Copystoragepool on different server - recommended size for "Est/Max Capacity (MB)"

2003-11-13 17:17:11
Subject: Re: Copystoragepool on different server - recommended size for "Est/Max Capacity (MB)"
From: Deon George <dgeorge AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:16:47 +1100
Bernd,

I dont think it really matters - although I would like to be set straight
if thats not true.

When you set MAXCAP, then the virtual volumes will be created to this
maximum size - when the volume gets to this size, a new virtual volume
will be defined.

When talking to the 2nd tsm server and the first tsm server runs out of
data to send to it (because its already completed) or there is break in
communication, then the virtual volume will be closed and probably smaller
than MAXCAP - it'll never be reopened and appended to. So dont be
surprised if you see some volumes that are 0.1 MB in size.

Now, smaller values may be good for reclamation reasons, but may result in
many volumes being created.

...deon
---
Have you looked at the A/NZ Tivoli User Group website?
http://www.tuganz.org

Deon George, IBM Tivoli Software Engineer, IBM Australia
Office: +61 3 9626 6058, Fax: +61 3 9626 6622, Mobile: +61 412 366 816,
IVPN +70 66058
mailto:dgeorge AT au1.ibm DOT com, http://www.ibm.com/tivoli

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 13/11/2003
10:21:40 PM: