ADSM-L

Re: Checkin libvol

2003-10-13 03:32:12
Subject: Re: Checkin libvol
From: Otto Schakenbos <otto.schakenbos AT TELEFLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:30:26 +0200
If that happens (having a tape in slot where another tapes belongs then
tsm will take the drive offline and you will have take the tape out of
the drive by hand. This is probarly not what you want. You could do a q
mount, get a list of the mounted tape and with a query libv see in which
slots these tapes belong. This way you know which slot you can use. It
would be easiest to put this in a script which gives you a list of slots
you can use or can not use, but this is depending on the size of your
installation. (maybe some handy sql select command could do the trick)

Regards