ADSM-L

Re: incremental blocked by inclexcl file

2003-08-19 21:34:36
Subject: Re: incremental blocked by inclexcl file
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:34:21 -0400
>So... Is there any way to override the inclexcl file temporarily while
>manually doing an incremental command?  I can find no command line option
>that would help.  And my attempts to create a custom user dsm.opt file
>pointing to a different inclexcl file only resulted in an error:
>ANS1036S Invalid option 'INCLEXCL' found in options file
>'/s/sirsi/dsm.opt'

When coding options, use the manual as a reference...which tells you to
put that option into dsm.sys .
You have the choice of using a custom options file, as utilized via an
environment variable; or, more simply, have INCLEXCL name a symlink
which can point to any number of stock files, switching the symlink as
needed before a run.

If I were you I would, if feasible, convert that 60+ GB /s/sirsi/Unicorn
to its own file system, which would give you a lot more control with less
complication.  It's crying out to be its own file system.

 Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs