ADSM-L

3575 Library

2003-05-27 11:52:06
Subject: 3575 Library
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 16:10:59 +0200
Hi *SM-ers!
This posting may be a bit off-topic where TSM is concerned, sorry for
that...
We have an "old" 3575-L32 library which can be used by an other department
which uses Veritas Backup Exec 8.6 (yeah yeah, I know. But this department
will no longer exist in about a year from now, so I would rather let them
keep on using this software than investing a lot of time and effort in
migrating them to TSM).
They tried using this library, but they encounter SCSI time-outs.
I checked ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Windows/Win2000/ device
drivers, but I couldn't find any. The only thing I found at
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/357x/ is microcode (a fix maybe?) but
there is no procedure down there on how to install this microcode.
Does anybody has some experience with using such a library outside of TSM?
Thanks in advance for any reply!!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.