ADSM-L

new management class

2003-05-22 07:28:07
Subject: new management class
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 07:27:22 -0400
Hello everyone!

Quick question:  I have created a new disk storage pool, sequential and
offsite storage pool for oracle logs, which were previously going to
another disk storage pool that is associated with the same domain.  I was
wondering if when they go to use this new management class which goes to a
different disk pool, etc.  will all current files be rebound to the new
management class?  If so, how does that work when the tape pools (onsite
and offsite) are different?  Or will it just bind all future archives to
this new managment class and storage hierarchy?

Thanks in advance!!!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com