ADSM-L

How to clean up TSM database backup on file level ?

2003-05-12 01:47:43
Subject: How to clean up TSM database backup on file level ?
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:16:27 +0530
Hi,

I have TSM server 5.1. I backup the TSM database everyday by a schedule,
using command

backup db type=full devclass=FD

where FD is File Device Class whose details are given below

Device Class Name FD
Device Access Strategy Sequential
Storage Pool Count 0
Device Type FILE
Format DRIVE
Est/Max Capacity 20M
Mount Limit 1
Mount Wait (min) -
Mount Retention (min) -
Label Prefix -
Library -
Directory /tsm_db/tsmdbbkp
Server Name -
Retry Period -
Retry Interval -
Shared NO
Last Update by (administrator) TSMADM
Last Update Date/Time 2002-10-21 13:45:27.000000

Everyday, 2 files of total size approx. 25 MB are generated. Now I want to
do housekeeping of /tsm_db/tsmdbbkp directory by keeping say last 5 days TSM
database backup files. How do I do it on TSM level or I have to just delete
the files on filesystem level ?

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services (India) Pvt. Ltd.
C/o Siemens Kalwa Data Center
(BVQI Certified ISO9002)

E-mail : Sachin.Ganu AT kwa2.siemens.co DOT in