ADSM-L

Volume status EMPTY in spite of RETAIN VERSION parameter 3

2003-04-25 06:13:57
Subject: Volume status EMPTY in spite of RETAIN VERSION parameter 3
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:42:44 +0530
Hi,

We have TSM v5.1. Under Sequential Access Storage Pool say "FRIONL" Volume
status of FRI141 is shown EMPTY in spite of Versions Data Exists parameter
set to 3, under STANDARD Copy Groups with STANDARD MANAGEMENT CLASS and
ACTIVE POLICY SET under POLICY DOMAIN.  There only 2 volumes defined under
FRIONL, one is FRI141 tape volume which was used for backup on 18th April
and other is FRI142, which was used for backup today i.e. 25th April. The
Friday's backup has only 2 tapes, used every alternate Friday.

Can someone help me why is this happening ?

Thanks & Regards

Sachin Ganu

E-mail : Sachin.Ganu AT kwa2.siemens.co DOT in