ADSM-L

TSM Server not using maximum number of drives.

2003-03-28 20:32:37
Subject: TSM Server not using maximum number of drives.
From: Balasubramanian Krishnamurthy <krish AT SYNOPSYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:32:11 -0800
Hi,

I have a TSM Server (version 5.1.6.2) with a library having 6 drives.
I have defined Maximum mounts allowed for one of my clients to be 4.
The Mount Limit in DEVCLASS is set to DRIVES.
However when this client backs up (Direct to Tape) it uses only 2 Drives
instead of 4,
Even though there are available Drives. There are enough Scratch tapes too.

I am not sure if I am missing any other parameter that is restricting the
backups to use only 2 drives instead of 4.

Thanks
Bala Krishnamurthy