ADSM-L

TSM Security

2003-03-17 15:02:59
Subject: TSM Security
From: Jon Adams <Jon.Adams AT PREMERA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:03:39 -0800
Hello folks,

IT Security is getting on me to provide better security for TSM server, the
TSM Clients, the Tape Library and, most importantly, the filespace.  I
cannot find very much documentation on security other than ports used
through a firewall and passwordaccess generate options (I hear we can even
encrypt these).  Is there a white paper out there or has someone went
through this already and can share what they found?

We currently use TSM v5.1.5 on AIX 4.3 with just about every client you TSM
supports (and some no longer supported).   Thanks!

Regards,

Jon R. Adams
Systems Engineer
Infrastructure Technical Support, OSS
Premera Blue Cross
Work: 425-918-5770 / mailto:jon.adams AT premera DOT com
Pager: 425-886-6155 / mailto:4258866155 AT archwireless DOT net

"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world - those that know binary
and those that do not." -author unknown