ADSM-L

Semote storage pool

2003-02-18 03:53:13
Subject: Semote storage pool
From: GUILLAUMONT Etienne <eguillau AT RGB-TECHNOLOGIE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:51:53 +0100
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to have a storage pool on a remote
machine without installing TSM on it. Typically, what I wan't to do is to
use space on a remote server to have a disk or a file storage pool on it. I
tried with a file device class and it allows only local disks. A disk
devices class goes a little further, but when it tries to format the
volume, there's an error. One possibility would be to create a local file
storage pool and then to copy the files on the remote servers and put the
file volumes in offline state, or something like that, but is there
something easier ?
I tried that with TSM 5.1.5

Etienne GUILLAUMONT
e-mail : etienne AT rgb-technologie DOT fr

RGB Technologie
Parc d'Innovation, Bâtiment PYTHAGORE
11 Rue Jean SAPIDUS
67400 ILLKIRCH