ADSM-L

Re: TSM for Oracle

2003-02-06 15:38:47
Subject: Re: TSM for Oracle
From: shekhar Dhotre <Shekhar.Dhotre AT LENDLEASEREI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:04:39 -0500
I have configured RMAN and TDP for oracle  8.1.7 - and its  working great
without any problem - Requires good knowledge of oracle .
i.e. Creating  catalog database  -tablespace user in oracle etc... if you
don't know oracle then it is difficult -  ask help from your DBA , once
you setup oracle part  then second step is configure
tdpo.option file  - relink - write backup script --

f2n17 /d01/app/oracle > cat bkdb.sh
. /d01/app/oracle/.tdp.ora
rman target / rcvcat rman/rman cmdfile /d01/app/oracle/bkdb.scr msglog
/tmp/bkdb.log

f2n17 /d01/app/oracle > cat bkdb.scr
run {
 allocate channel t1 type 'sbt_tape' parms
'ENV=(TDPO_OPTFILE=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/tdpo.opt)';
 backup
      filesperset 4
      format 'df_%t_%s_%p'
      (database);

 release channel t1;
}
f2n17 /d01/app/oracle > ./bkdb.sh
f2n17 /d01/app/oracle >

Done .. where is  complexity?

BTW : Does any one know if oracle 9.2.0.1.0  is supported with TDP 2.2.1 ?

Cheers

Shekhar Dhotre
LEnd lease GSDC
Atlanta ,GA-30346.