ADSM-L

Re: TSM for Oracle

2003-02-06 14:57:55
Subject: Re: TSM for Oracle
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:47:43 +0100
On Thursday 06 February 2003 19:41, Hart, Charles wrote:
> Our management thinks we should switch to Veritas because "It's easier to
> Implement", your management doesn't seem to understand that the RMAN piece
> is probably the most complicated piece of and DB backup.
Why using the tdp?  Put the database in archive mode.  Put each tablespace in
backup mode, backup the database files, disable backup mode.

alter tablespace ... begin backup (in prebackup command)
dsm incr ...
alter tablespace ... end backup (in postbackup command)

No rman troubles, no tdp to buy, ...  And it works flawless.

Stef

--

stef.coene AT docum DOT org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"