ADSM-L

Sun Solaris server backups not ending

2003-02-05 13:38:21
Subject: Sun Solaris server backups not ending
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:37:55 -0500
Hello again!

I have a SUN server Client Version 4.2.1, Client OS level 5.8 on TSM 4.1.3
os/390.  My problem is that for a regularly scheduled client backup, the
sessions start, but they just sit in idlew/recvw status.  It is just
backing up about 3 GB of data, but it is taking hours to complete when it
usually ends in 15 minutes.  I checked to make sure that the disk pool
wasn't full and nothing else seemed out of the ordinary.  Has anyone had
this problem?  Any suggestions on what to look at?  Thank you!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338