ADSM-L

Re: Sun Solaris server backups not ending

2003-02-06 07:48:14
Subject: Re: Sun Solaris server backups not ending
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:05:18 -0600
From: Joni Moyer [mailto:joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM]
> I have a SUN server Client Version 4.2.1, Client OS level 5.8
> on TSM 4.1.3 os/390.  My problem is that for a regularly
> scheduled client backup, the sessions start, but they just
> sit in idlew/recvw status.  It is just backing up about 3 GB
> of data, but it is taking hours to complete when it usually
> ends in 15 minutes.  I checked to make sure that the disk
> pool wasn't full and nothing else seemed out of the ordinary.

It sounds like it might be a network communication issue.

Have you checked the integrity of the connection between the TSM server
and the TSM client? Do any other TSM clients of these same issues? Is
the TSM client particularly busy with another process?

This is all pretty basic troubleshooting that should be done every time
there are apparent lags (as idlew and recw indicate).