ADSM-L

Re: Why so many Filling tapes?

2003-02-04 14:28:29
Subject: Re: Why so many Filling tapes?
From: Paul Ripke <stixpjr AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:24:07 +1100
On Tuesday, Feb 4, 2003, at 12:25 Australia/Sydney, Roger Deschner
wrote:

...I have just answered my own question. If you ever permit a disk
storage pool to fill up, you will then have as many Filling tapes in
its
corresponding tape storage pool as you have tape drives. These will
gradually be filled up and absorbed, until next time the disk storage
pool fills up.

Almost... checkout the "migration processes" attribute of the disk
storage pool "upd stg <diskpoolname> migproc=x

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke
Unix/OpenVMS/DBA