ADSM-L

Re: Why so many Filling tapes?

2003-02-03 21:27:08
Subject: Re: Why so many Filling tapes?
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:25:26 -0600
...I have just answered my own question. If you ever permit a disk
storage pool to fill up, you will then have as many Filling tapes in its
corresponding tape storage pool as you have tape drives. These will
gradually be filled up and absorbed, until next time the disk storage
pool fills up.

============ "In theory, theory and practice are the same, =============
========= but in practice, theory and practice are different." =========