ADSM-L

SAP Timeout

2003-01-28 03:57:50
Subject: SAP Timeout
From: Lawrie Scott - Persetel Q Vector <LawrieS AT COMPAREXAFRICA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:27:13 +0200
Hi All

I run TSM Server 5.1.5 on Windows 2000 and SAP/R3 on Tru64/UNix using the
TSM SAP TDP. I wish to know if there is a timeout value that can used to
cancel a backup if not completed within a specified time. I schedule the
backups then using a script begin the backups, which in turn perform all the
needed steps to backup my databases. However if there is a storage shortage
or some other error that causes the TDP to wait for the TSM Server, I would
like to be able to timeout the script and fail the schedule. Otherwise the
operators have to manually cancel each session as it starts up and only when
there are no more sessions will the script end and return a failure code.

Kind Regards
LAWRIE SCOTT
For: Persetel/Q Vector KZN
E-mail:  lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za