ADSM-L

Re: Move filespace from one node to another

2003-01-05 13:08:49
Subject: Re: Move filespace from one node to another
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 12:45:45 EST
In article <OFE41CFE06.061064D7-ON00256CA3.0053459D AT nyherji DOT is>, Kolbeinn
Josepsson <Kolbeinn.Josepsson AT NYHERJI DOT IS> says:

>Hello tsm gurus!
>
>Does any of you know if it is possible to move single filespace from one
>node to another node (doccumented or non doccumented procedure)? TSM server
>5.1.1.6 (AIX 5.1).
>
>Best regards,
>Kolbeinn Josepsson 7 Systems Engineer
>www.nyherji.is

Hello

One method is to use the export node command to export the data out of the tsm
server then use the import node command to bring it back to tsm on the new node

export node fromnode devc=tapeclass filespace=fromfilespace filedata=all
import node tonode  devc=tapeclass vol=tape1

There are other options not listed above, please check help export node and
help import node.

If would be nice if there was a command to just move a filespace or directory
withing tsm, but I do not remember seeing one. Except that for a node one can
rename a filespace. But not a directory.

len