ADSM-L

Re: DRM weekly reclaimation question

2002-12-03 10:12:53
Subject: Re: DRM weekly reclaimation question
From: "Nelson, Doug" <DNelson AT CHITTENDEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:11:43 -0500
Ron,
   We're doing daily reclamation with 2 copy pools (~30% full per day). We have
the following settings:
   LTO pool (on site data) 55%
   Copy pool A 70%
   Copy pool B 80%

   The big gotchas with Win2k are:
1) correct device drivers (this can really slow you down)
2) There is a bug (apar 34296 I think) that causes copy pool reclamation to be
*really* slow if you have files in a DiskPool that it is accessing. To fix
this, turn caching OFF, and migrate your disk pools to tape (migration 0% 0%)
before you do your copy pools.

   It took us a while to get the kinks out, but we're flying now.

Douglas C. Nelson
Distributed Computing Consultant
Alltel Information Services
Chittenden Data Center