ADSM-L

Re: DRM weekly reclaimation question

2002-12-02 17:00:51
Subject: Re: DRM weekly reclaimation question
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:59:42 -0500
Well, that depends on what the capacity of your tapes are,
how many tapes you would reclaim etc.  From what info you
provided though, I would say do this daily instead of weekly.
It may finish in 5-8 hours if done daily.  Do it daily for a few
days and see what happens.  Most sites do this and expiration
on a daily basis.

David Longo

>>> RLochhead AT CSE-INSURANCE DOT COM 12/02/02 04:47PM >>>
How long should weekly reclaimation of copypools take?  I have a
copypool
library of 40 volumes.  I have tried to do copypool reclaimation on a
weekly basis but have not gotten it to finish in a 5-8 hour day?  We
are
using TSM 5.1 on the client side in a Win 2k environment.  How long
should
I expect it to take?

Thanks for any help.
 Ron Lochhead

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 12/02/2002 05:01:01 PM
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this
message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or
opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender,
except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a
particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such
views or opinions.