ADSM-L

Re: New and probably a simple question....

2002-09-06 13:05:18
Subject: Re: New and probably a simple question....
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:57:33 -0700
Let the system(s) that own the data on the NAS back that data up.  In that
fashion, those systems can do the file level restore.  Perhaps use NDMP to
satisfy rapid DR restores as necessary.

This makes sense since most of the time you are asked to perform a single
(or perhaps a few) file restore.  Solve that problem in the best fashion:
owner of the data backs the data up.

Kelly J. Lipp
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
lipp AT storsol DOT com or kelly.lipp AT storserver DOT com
www.storsol.com or www.storserver.com
(719)531-5926
Fax: (240)539-7175