ADSM-L

Another Audit DB question

2002-09-04 06:30:03
Subject: Another Audit DB question
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:34:16 +0100
Hi all

TSM   3738   (I know it's old, but IBM are coming in to upgrade us next
week and I have been asked to run an audit DB first).

Running on Solaris 2.7 machine.

This weekend I shall run an audit DB on our 6GB database. Can someone
please tell me the exact process for doing this.

Question a) Does the server have to be halted first

Question b) Is the correct syntax         dsmserv auditdb fix=yes

Question c) If the server does have to be halted first, how can I tell if
the auditdb process is working ok? I'm assuming it will just run as a
background process.

Thanks in advance for any advice

All the best

Farren Minns - John Wiley & Sons Ltd

Our Chichester based offices are amalgamating and relocating to a new
address
from 1st September 2002

John Wiley & Sons Ltd
The Atrium
Southern Gate
Chichester
West Sussex
PO19 8SQ

Main phone and fax numbers remain the same:
Phone +44 (0)1243 779777
Fax   +44 (0)1243 775878
Direct dial numbers are unchanged

Address, phone and fax nos. for all other Wiley UK locations are unchanged