ADSM-L

cache hit rate

2002-08-21 04:30:42
Subject: cache hit rate
From: Sascha Braeuning <Sascha.Braeuning AT SPARKASSEN-INFORMATIK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:46:04 +0200
Hi all,

first I've to thank all participants for the amount of answers I got on my
latest questions. Now I've got a new one which relates on the
bufferpoolsize and the cache hit rate on OS/390 TSM-Servers.

we use the following bufpoolsize:  32768
our chache hit rate:            97,7 %

I know from my training at IBM that a cache hit rate of 99 % and above is
recommended. Is it possible, that a lower cache hit rate can cause
performance-problems? What is your experience?

MfG
Sascha Bräuning

Sparkassen Informatik, Fellbach

OrgEinheit: 6322
Wilhelm-Pfitzer Str. 1
70736 Fellbach

Telefon:   (0711) 5722-2144
Telefax:   (0711) 5722-1630

Mailadr.:  sascha.braeuning AT sparkassen-informatik DOT de