ADSM-L

Re: Backing Up Dir's

2002-07-31 10:51:37
Subject: Re: Backing Up Dir's
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:52:40 +0200
>> if TSM attempts to restore a file before the dir for it has
>> been restored it skips the file,
Gee?

Last time I tried to restore files from expired directories
I was on TSM 3.1 and had OS/2 clients, i could swaer it worked fine.
Anyway, if your environment does not work this way, you have to keep the
directories.

>> how would I got about backing up just dirs to a
>> seperate pool?

define an extra managemen class, say DirMC,
let it point into an extra storage pool,
and define it in the OPT file of your client, e.g. DIRMC DirMC.
>ou may want to keep all directories on disk storage pool forewer,
and only perform backup stg to tapes for directories.

regards
Juraj