ADSM-L

Backing Up Dir's

2002-07-31 07:03:59
Subject: Backing Up Dir's
From: "Cahill, Ricky" <Ricky.Cahill AT EQUITAS.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:03:41 +0100
We currently backup 12 Netware servers nightly, I also now need to backup
the directory structure as a seperate backup job.
The reason for this is that in a DR when you do a complete restore of a
Netware server if TSM attempts to restore a file before the dir for it has
been restored it skips the file, so the idea is to backup the dir's
seperatly then come DR to restore all the dir's then do a normal restore
over it.
What I need to know is how would I got about backing up just dirs to a
seperate pool?

Thanks in advance.

              ..........Rikk

> iTNET
> Rikk Cahill
> 3rd Line Server Support
> ricky.cahill AT itnet DOT com
> Equitas London 0207-342-2358

Equitas Limited, 33 St Mary Axe, London EC3A 8LL, UK
NOTICE: This message is intended only for use by the named addressee
and may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are
not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any
action in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error
please notify postmaster AT equitas.co DOT uk and delete the message and any

Equitas reserve the right to monitor and/or record emails, (including the
contents thereof) sent and received via its network for any lawful business
purpose to the extent permitted by applicable law

Registered in England: Registered no. 3173352 Registered address above