ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1.1 on MS Windows 2K Cluster

2002-07-14 13:49:56
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1.1 on MS Windows 2K Cluster
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:09:06 +0300
Do you have separate dsm.opt files for the cluster node and for the
cluster group as described in the docs?
Use 'dsmc -optfile=<cluster dsm.opt> instead of 'dsmc -virtualnodename'
and it should work just fine. I've done it before and had no problems.
Only because dsm.opt is stored on shared disk I use first virtualnodename
to restore the option file itself. And because each cluster group may
failover to the other node independently set it with separate
nodename&dsm.opt.
Example local disks C:, D:; cluster Group1 - F:, G:; Group2 - H:
nodeA in c:\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsm.opt on server 1
nodeB in c:\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsm.opt on server 2
Group1 in f:\dsm.opt or g:\tsm\dsm.opt or somewhere on drives f:,g:
Group2 in h:\dsm.opt

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant