ADSM-L

How to check which files/path use which mgmtclass?

2002-06-25 12:03:53
Subject: How to check which files/path use which mgmtclass?
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:00:02 -0400
Is there a select statement or some such that will allow me to see which
mgmtclass certain directories/files are using?

I have the following include statement in my dsm.opt file (Win2000
client):

Include "D:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\BACKUP\*.*" BACKUPSQL

This means that all files in the specified dir. should use the BACKUPSQL
mgmtclass.  the backup copy group specifies 30 versions for 30 days, but I
only get the default mgmtclass' 5 versions.  The policyset is active.
these files are not locked ever and I can backup them up with the normal
client.  But I only get 5 versions instead of 30.

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Etienne Brodeur