ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino

2002-06-13 16:07:40
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:06:16 -0400
> I was hoping that someone could provide some information for me regarding
> TDP for Domino and DBIID changes. Our environment is TSM 4.1.2.0 server
> unning on OS/390 2.10 we are backing up Domino from an NT server. Could
> someone provide me an example of a Domino data base compression that
forces
> a DBIID change and a compression that does not force a DBIID change.

compact -b         - in place compaction with space recovery only
                     This does NOT change the DBIID.

compact -B         - in place compaction with space recovery and file size
reduction
                     This changes the DBIID... requiring a new .NSF file
backup.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Live your life as an exclamation, not an explanation.
Strive for excellence, not perfection.