ADSM-L

Re: Extend DB

2002-06-11 03:17:37
Subject: Re: Extend DB
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:15:22 +0300
Kelli,

just three steps:
1. Create raw volume (mklv -y <volume name> -t tsmdbvol <volume group>
<size in partitions>) or file volume (dsmfmt -g -db <file name> <size in
GB>). Commands have to be performed in AIX shell.
2. Define newly created volume to TSM - 'define dbvolume /dev/r<volume
name>' or 'define dbvolume <file name>'. Command has to be performed from
administrative client session.
3. Extend the DB - 'extend db <number of pages>'

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Subject:        Extend DB

Can someone please give me the exact steps to add db space on TSM 4.1.5
running on AIX 4.3.3?  I am certainly not an AIX guru so please spare no
details!  My db is running at 88% and I have 0 for for Maximum Extension.
How do I go about doing this?

Thanks so much!

Kelli Jones
Chesterfield County Information Systems Technology
jonesk AT co.chesterfield.va DOT us
phone: 804-748-1951
fax: 804-748-1571