ADSM-L

Re: Recovering SP node to Standalone RS6000

2002-05-02 15:39:09
Subject: Re: Recovering SP node to Standalone RS6000
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:32:27 -0500
It's been a while since my SP frames went away, so take this with a grain of
salt - -

At one point, sysback could not be used to 'clone' an AIX system; you needed
a mksysb image (and the install cd). I don't know if this has changed. I do
know from experience that the system you will be restoring to at the hotsite
won't match your contract spec (it will be at least as good as, and possibly
better -- like no 10 Mb ethernet, just 10/100 Mb, with different device
drivers).

Also, with no CWS, you'll need to research how to disable most of the PSSP
code on the node. Code that, among other things, does a node lookup in the
SDR (on the CWS) to get the IP addresses for your network connections. This
may take some doing (my experience ends at PSSP 3.2).

Is this the ONLY SP node you need to recover? Or is this a case of "our
recovery site doesn't have an SP"?

I've done stand-alone recoveries and SP recoveries, but I've never tried to
do a crossover like this.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc